Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blinded

Sept. 3, 1999

Nine years ago today I became a mother-in-law.

I remember vividly Kellie coming down the isle on Warren's arm. She glowed! Our little girl had grown up. Our relationship was about to change. Not in a bad way, just in a different way.



When Kellie was little, Warren and I had prayed many (many, many) times for a God-loving man to be her husband. One that would love her with a love beyond that which we have loved her. One that would take the responsibility of spiritual leadership as God intended. A humble but mighty man. Kind. Compassionate. And one that wouldn't mind this family too much! I always tend to ask too little of God! And, once again, God did so much more than what we had even thought of!!!!

Jason, we love you. We are so glad you are a part of our family. Thank you for letting God use you to answer our prayers.

Happy anniversary you two.

And after nine years we're still blinded by the glow!



2 comments:

Kellie said...

Thanks for the sweet post! But more than that, thanks for all of your prayers for me because I'm sure thankful for the wonderful and amazing man God has given to me!

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

This inspires me and reminds me to pray for the future spouses of my boys. Happy Anniversary Jason and Kellie!