- We have snow outside (and more scheduled to come at any minute now!)
- The stockings are hung (not by the chimney this year, but they are hung!)
- Shopping is completed and decorating done.
- The fireplace is burning even as I write this.
- Presents still need to be wrapped. (maybe this afternoon!)
- Holiday music is in the background.
- I have plans to bake on Friday.
- And BEST OF ALL Jason and Kellie come on Monday!!!!
Yes, Christmas is in the air. And I'm excited!
After all these years of being a parent I still want the season to be special for our children and grandchildren. I don't know that I do things to much different than what my parents did - probably because I have such great memories of those days. And, because we can look back and know what really lasts, we as a family aren't focusing that much on gifts this year. We are just glad to be together and have as much as we do.
We are counting family as our 2nd best gift and
Christ as the greatest gift of all.