Monday, October 20, 2008

It Didn't Even Make the List

"Don't be found guilty of asking too little of God."

Our pastor, Rob, says that to our congregation often. I've even found myself repeating it to others because I know it's true. God wants to do more in our lives than what we can even imagine. He's able to do more than what we can imagine.

Still I was caught by surprise.

On Thursday we had an offer made on our business and on Friday we accepted.

Amazing...

Warren had told me on the phone that an offer was made and as I drove home from the grocery store I found myself knowing that no matter how I looked at it, the whole thing could be nothing less than God Himself. Even with the human fears and questions still unanswered about other things in our lives I could find no room in this to doubt it was God. I told Warren I believed it would be a sin to not accept the offer. You see, we had been asking too little of God. The sale of our business had not even made the list. We had thought we would just sale the equipment and, frankly, right now that wasn't even looking too good!

It's really not that I don't believe that God can do bigger things than what I can think of, it's just that I'm not always sure that He wants to. I get caught up in a vicious circle of knowing that God can do things beyond what I can imagine and at the same time knowing that He doesn't always choose to do it the easy way. He does, sometimes, take us through the hardest of times. And yet, in this case, He has chosen a smooth path.

We are excited about the man that God has chosen to use in our lives to take over the business. A man of integrity that Warren feels good about recommending to our current customers. We're thankful and faithful that what God is doing for the good in our life will not be to a detriment in his life. We've prayed all along that whatever God did it would work for the good in the lives of every one that are involved. I believe God can do that.


And, while I rejoice in the wonder of it all, I must admit the reality of moving to Brazil is becoming more and more real. Exciting, heartbreaking, anticipating, mourning. Just a few of my emotions over the weekend.

We do have other things to take care of yet and the general consensus is that it's not the right time to be selling a house. But than we don't want to be found guilty, again, of

asking too little.




5 comments:

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Praise God. How exciting, yet at the same time, sad.

Jodi hadn't told me yet that there had been a formal offer.

Brooke said...

Wow, that's amazing Sheri. Congratulations on the sale. It just shows God can do so much more abundantly than what we could ever imagine" He can do much more than we could imagine in selling your house in these times too.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Praise God! What will be added to "the list" now???

Edify Daily said...

I love that there is nothing He is unaware of. He is faithful to His Children.
Here is a cool word the LORD.

Jeremiah 17
7 “ Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. 8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear[b] when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

LORD bless you guys. He was continue to PAVE the way. He called you, he will provide. love ya!

Lionel

Kristen Wilson said...

Sheri I am excited to see all the ways God comes through for you on things you wouldn't even have known to pray for! He is so complete in His provision for us!