Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rambling on...

I am at a loss as to know what to write. I've sat at this very computer, staring at the screen, just about every day since we have arrived home. I feel empty of words when it comes to writing about our Brazil trip. I want to, I'm just not sure how.

I don't know how I can convey to you the joy of knowing that God has given me a heart for that place. Or the excitement that comes from seeing prayers answered as I watched Warren minister there among the Brazilians. I don't think that I can put into words the depth of my feelings as I began to realize that I cared, really cared, and loved Rio. A complete heart change there!

The first question everyone asks when they see us is whether or not we know where we are going to live in Brazil. No, we do not. And we are okay with that. God has been so faithful every step of the way thus far and I have no reason to believe that that will change. In my flesh, yes, I would like to know. But I trust Him in the fact that, for whatever reason, He is withholding that information from us for now.

Where would we like to live? Truly, I don't know. I mean it when I say we are so glad that we are not making that decision. We love so many people there that it's like choosing a favorite child. Impossible! God has made His plan so clear to us in the earlier steps that we are trusting that He is going to do the same again. We really are not trying to figure it out on our own.

What is our next step? To sell our house and to sell 30 years worth of accumulation of stuff! Neither are a small task and in this economy it will take a big god. But we have One!

When are we planning to move? Well, that again depends on the sell of our house but we are hoping to leave sometime around July. That is subject to change in either direction as we hear more clearly from the Lord.

How are the missionaries, pastors and their families doing? We are blessed with amazing men and women on the field. We were encouraged by them and hoped we left having encouraged them. They are not without struggles. Right now the dollar is doing better in Brazil but last year was a very hard time for them with the dollar being down. They are not living charmed lives! But, they are blessed. And they would be the first to tell you of their blessings and the last to tell you of financial hardships. They have the challenge of cultural differences along with the fact that they are under spiritual attack for their very purpose of being there. Pray for their marriages, their health (for them and their families) and for leadership in the churches. Pray that they will not grow discouraged. Let them know you think of them. Everyday I checked my facebook, e-mails and our blog for comments from those in the U.S. They do too!

God told me months ago that it is a privilege that I get to go to Brazil and serve the Brazilian people.

I'm beginning to understand the truth in that.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Not that I want you to leave, but I'm glad you want to go :) It's an answered prayer!

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Thanks for sharing.

I can't wait to hear more about it.

We serve a great, great God!

I was reminded of this verse as I read your post:

Ephesians 3:20-21

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Anonymous said...

What a clear and beautiful blog entry. I feel like I saw right into your heart and that it was so honest and sincere. A true pleasure to the Lord. You are a delight to me my dear friend! Cindy