Monday, February 16, 2009

HOME

Three weeks have gone so quickly and yet it feels a life time.



"When you are in Brazil you will long for the US. When you are in the US you will long for Brazil. Things will never be the same for you." This was said by a wise friend of mine when she heard we were praying about moving to Brazil. TaLisa knew what she was talking about as they have now been here 9 years.



I cannot help but love it here. I cannot help but long for the U.S. And this journey has only just begun. I am not deceiving myself into thinking that the transition will be easy and without adjustments. At the same time I cannot imagine not coming back now.



I'm glad that God has given us this time to see Brazil from the prospective of actually living here. And I am even more glad that He has given me a desire to return.



Please pray with us for the sale of our house and all the other things that we have gathered over the years! Also that we will continue to be fruitful in Corvallis until the Lord would have us make the move. That we would finish there strong. Please pray that God would reveal the next step to us clearly and eventually the place that He would have us call home.



But for now - We leave to return home and we are so grateful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember someone telling us that you won't ever feel at home again. Ya know...it's true!