Monday, September 15, 2008

Tired Smiles

We've been really busy getting ready for this day. It's called for some late nights and long days. We've painted,stained, put up trim, sanded, grouted, installed bookshelves, put in a sink and toilet, light fixtures and had carpet installed for this big day. Warren was having surgery.

Why all the fuss? Well, it really wasn't to celebrate the surgery itself but rather because of the surgery. He had two hernias and so we knew that after the surgery he wasn't going to be able to lift anything over 25 lbs for 6 weeks hence forth we had a lot of work to do before hand. We made a valiant effort. All major things are complete on the house with just little things left to do here and there. It feels so good NOW! My parents are coming for a visit on Wednesday and Mom reminded me again on the phone today that they intend to help with "the little things" left to do. They're troopers so I'm afraid that relaxing time for me is not in the near future yet!

Warren's doing well tonight. He's on some pain medication but getting around just fine. The doctor said the hardest thing will be to not to over do it. I had to remind him a couple of times of that already! Thanks to everyone who was praying for him.

And the house? We're loving it and the feeling of it being near completion. Now for a good cleaning. (my mom will be good help with that too!)

We're wearing tired smiles tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so glad to hear that it went well yesterday. Josh said you were playing a good "mother hen" and keeping him from doing too much.

Kellie said...

only you two... well at least you'll get to enjoy it for a bit :)

love to you both and I'm glad dad is doing well. I will call for another update later!