Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Song

Do you know what it feels like to be rich? I do.

I woke up to a rainy, dreary day. The wind was blowing and everything had the feeling of dampness although it was perfectly dry in the house. Warren hadn't slept well because there are big things looming thick in the near future and so much to do. I know that he has a lot on his mind. My schedule is busy for the day, good but busy. It was one of those days when you might want to go back to bed and sleep off life. But I didn't want to. I have a song of joy on my lips.

Twice within the last week I have been able to share my life story with people. The good, the bad, the ugly. I was reminded once again of all that God has done for me. Given me. Given us.

We are not money rich. We maybe should have been better savers, better investors, a little more thrifty and a little bit better at hoarding. Maybe we should have taken more chances. I don't know. I do know that I have much more than I ever thought I would have in this life. I have gotten to travel more and meet more kinds of people than I ever dreamed of. I don't know that I even dared to dream of such things. And now I get the privilege of living in another country. And I do mean privilege.

God spoke that clearly to me awhile back. He simply said "Sheri, it is a privilege that you get to go to Brazil. It is a privilege that you get to serve the Brazilian people". I don't ever want to forget that. Somehow I had fallen into the lie of thinking I was doing a good thing for God. That I had something to offer the people of Brazil. I don't. He could have chosen anyone. (Warrens theory is that He did. They just wouldn't go!) When I really think of it I cannot figure out why He would choose us. But I am blessed that He has.

So in sharing my story I realize as I look to the future that I will continue to look to the ONE who has provided all along. And has already given me more than I ever imagined.

I am very rich.

2 comments:

Kristen Wilson said...

Amen Sheri! You are so very rich in Gods economy.

Brooke said...

I like what you said "fallen into the lie of thinking I was going good for God. That I had something to offer the people of Brazil." No, God chose us to do His good works. A good perspective. Thanks!