Sunday, May 31, 2009

Deep and Wide







I know that I have a big God but sometimes I just so take it for granted. Than, today, I saw just another small part of His creation and I was reminded -

He is one big, creative God!

No wonder He takes so much pleasure in gifting us, His children, with different talents. It is evident He so enjoys creating Himself.

What can I say about the Grand Canyon? It is bigger and more majestic than what pictures show and it was worth the 100+ miles we took out of our way to see it.

We drove a little bit later into the evening tonight so we could put some miles behind us and ended up in Albuquerque, NM. Coming into the city we came over a hill and all of a sudden the lights of the city were before us. It was beautiful. We are finding New Mexico, in general, to be more beautiful than what we had seen in Nevada and Arizona. The rock formations are amazing and their red color makes them glow in the light.

We did have one close call driving today. We were on the freeway and a pickup pulling a trailer just moved right over into our lane without looking. I truely do not know how Warren missed him. There was no room to go to the shoulder and we were pretty close to the drivers door when he began to move our way. We knew the Lord had His hand on us. It could have been a pretty nasty accident.

We have come to the conclusion that it is a long way to Tennessee from Oregon. But then, Jason and Clark could have told us that, couldn't have they?!

Onto Texas tomorrow.....

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Grand Canyon! But I'm especially glad that you're getting closer to me :)

Shelldell said...

I love the Grand Canyon it is majestic.
The Sunsets in the lower states are amazing.
I'm thankful for God's protection for your family while traveling.
I always thought the colors of New Mexico were beautiful.

Anonymous said...

So glad God is is that truck with you!
Deb

Anonymous said...

Am checking your blog every day to see where you are. So thankful that you were not in an accident. My, that would have been terrible.We are praying for a safe trip for you. It sounds like you are having a great time. The Grand Canyon is so beautiful.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to visit there myself someday.

The last picture looks like Warren is just dying to go hiking or something. ;)